Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Controling BOE-BOT with DX7/AR6100 rc transmitter — Parallax Forums

Controling BOE-BOT with DX7/AR6100 rc transmitter

david cookdavid cook Posts: 6
edited 2009-05-11 23:01 in BASIC Stamp
I would like to be able to use the high performance IR headlight navigation, plus escaping corners and be able to switch form that mode to direct control by using my DX7 radio transmitter.

I'd like to use the GEAR switch to swap between autonomous mode and direct control.

I do not need proportional control yet. just simple 4 direction control.

after searching the web for a few days I cannot find anything that helps me.

I am not good enough to code this myself yet. I just need to figure out how to insert the RC control and switch into the "high performance IR" navigation routine fron the BOE-BOT book.

I appreciate any help.

thanks a ton for your time

David smile.gif

Comments

• Clive WakehamClive Wakeham Posts: 152
    edited 2009-05-11 07:25
    You could have the "Gear switch" of the AR6100 control some relays on a control board.
    These relays would switch the control of the Boe-Bot from the Basic Stamp running the motors etc to the AR6100 controlling it. As well one of the relays would either pull a Stamp pin up or down to indicate to the program that it was not needed and it could go into a loop checking the pin until it was cleared, at which point the Basic Stamp would take over control.
  • roadrunner3groadrunner3g Posts: 36
    edited 2009-05-11 15:15
    it looks like you have a nice 7ch radio to work with. what you can do is use three of the channels 2 for driving, 1 for control (RC or bot).
    just use a pulsin on each channel to get the signal. then debug them for resolution (500 to 1000) give or take a few #s. then use if/ then on the control input and you get a simple switching control. here's a simple start.

whl VAR Word
    thr VAR Word
    selector VAR Word

RC:
    PULSIN 10,1,selector
    IF selector > 850 THEN rc2
    IF selector > 750 THEN something_else
    IF selector > 650 THEN any_thing
    PULSIN 12,1,whl
    PULSIN 11,1,thr
    DEBUG DEC whl, " whl ", DEC thr, " thr ",CR
    PULSOUT 15,whl
    PULSOUT 14,thr
    PAUSE 20
    GOTO RC

rc2:
    PULSIN 12,1, thr
    PULSIN 11,1, whl
    DEBUG DEC whl," & ",DEC thr,CR
  • david cookdavid cook Posts: 6
    edited 2009-05-11 23:01
    aha ! I am starting to see the light. I would prefer to do this without relays so thats cool.

I'll work with this and see how far I get. thank you guys for the help and sugestions

David