Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Qti help — Parallax Forums

Qti help

TebosTebos Posts: 11
edited 2009-05-02 18:00 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, Im trying to make by own version of the QTI circuit but am having some trouble.· I am using some QRD1113 http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/QR/QRD1113.pdf·I see that the QTI sensors use QRD1114 but dont see how to modify my 1113's to behave like the QTI.· I construcyed to circuit and tried testing them with the code but I am not getting a value change at the input pin.· Right now it only gives me a value of 7 and changes to 8 when something is right on top of it (black tape).· I am using a peace of white paper alternating with black electrical tape.· I am trying to use these sensors for a·maze navagating robot but was unable to make them work properly b/c of the florscent lighting in the room.· So now·Im trying to·detect the top of the walls like a QTI.· Any info would be greatly
appreciated.

Robot specs:
BS2
Supper carrier / boe-bot chass
Continuous rotation servos

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-05-02 18:00
    First off you need to get the sensor working and since you are using a different chip I would suggest reading the datasheet and using a DMM ans scope to read the signals. You may also need to design an amplifier, filter and comparitor. This is a great project but not one to start if you need the robot to do anything soon. Good luck.

Also you should not double post in these forums. If you hurry to your other post you can delete it before someone posts to it. Use the red X in the upper right corner.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen

Post Edited (Franklin) : 5/2/2009 8:40:39 PM GMT