Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help with RF transmitter — Parallax Forums

Help with RF transmitter

CameronMCameronM Posts: 57
edited 2009-05-03 18:47 in BASIC Stamp
I just got a RF transmitter and receiver and I was wounding what is needed to send out a·basic debug command to the receiver I was looking at the examples and I couldn't figure out how.

Thank you,

CameronM

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-05-02 14:22
    1) Try the examples first, don't just look at them. Once they're working, modify them to be closer to what you want to do and try the modified versions.

2) What do you mean by "basic debug command"? Are you referring to a DEBUG statement? Remember that the DEBUG statement is just a SEROUT statement with some of the information predefined (like the pin # used and the Baud). The DEBUG statement syntax is also a little simpler than that of the SEROUT statement. You can use a SEROUT statement (as in the examples) as a DEBUG statement except that you have to provide the variable name and equal sign yourself as a string rather than the DEBUG statement doing it for you.
  • CameronMCameronM Posts: 57
    edited 2009-05-03 05:50
    I am trying to send a DEBUG statement syntax like Hello World or something like that but I have no idea what I need and what I don’t need to be able to do this from the example in the manual.

Thank you,

CameronM
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-05-03 18:47
    Let's start with the basics, Which transmitter/receiver are we talking about and what is it you don't understand about the documentation?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen