Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
free (or as close as i can get) pc grapic interfac for the stamp? — Parallax Forums

free (or as close as i can get) pc grapic interfac for the stamp?

zapmasterzapmaster Posts: 54
edited 2009-04-29 12:31 in BASIC Stamp
I have compleated my first basic stamp project yea!!!

I have 17 tempature sensors on my woodboiler/heat storage tank. (ds18b20+ DS2760 Thermocouple Kit ). I have the usb datalogger recording every 10 mins.·I'm using my 42 inch plasma screen to display the tempature.·I would like a better display then the debug window.·what have people here used?·I'm having the bs2 turn off the storage tank cirulator when the flue gasses are over 500deg fjumpin.gif

I·plan to add a wind turbine current and voltage to the the data logger and wind speed and direction. i also wat that displayed.

Comments

• Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-04-28 00:40
    Check out this page. The programs PLX-DAQ and StampPlot may be of interest.

-Phil
  • pwillardpwillard Posts: 321
    edited 2009-04-28 03:51
    Free. Activestate TCL. Can create standalone GUI applications that talk SERIAL without too much trouble. (but you have to spend a little time learning it)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

There's nothing like a new idea and a warm soldering iron.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-04-28 04:11
    Gaaah! If you're going to go that route, pick Perl instead. It includes the same Tk package used by TCL and has much broader support (but you have to spend a lot of time learning it smile.gif ).

-Phil
  • ManetherenManetheren Posts: 117
    edited 2009-04-28 13:01
    Or just hook it to a computer create a program in visual Basic to display the current data.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tia'Shar Manetheren
  • UghaUgha Posts: 543
    edited 2009-04-29 12:31
    I'd recommend learning C instead of VB. I guess it could just be personal preference, but it's nice to be able to program at any level I choose and on almost any platform (Windows, Linux... even
    my nintendo DS).