Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Quattro Gusti Prop Supreme: working prototype — Parallax Forums

Quattro Gusti Prop Supreme: working prototype

TubularTubular Posts: 4,622
edited 2009-04-24 15:54 in Propeller 1
Those with good memories may recall my Quattro Gusti concept, where you can choose 4 'slices' depending on the functions required. Its based on four 4cm radius quadrants, with the socketed prop holding it all together, to make an 8cm diameter (mini CD size) overall.

Here's the working prototype using four 'Propeller Supreme' slices. These are very flexible and each can be loaded to emulate all the major Demo board functions:-
* VGA
* Keyboard + Mouse + Programming Header
* Video + Audio Out
* Audio in + Audio Out
* Video + (Keyboard + Mouse via splitter)

Programming is via the usual 4 pin header, or via 4D's 5 pin CE5. For the adventurous a second parallel prop can mount on the reverse; the second header is for the second prop. Mounting holes are to suit the Sparkfun project case.

Please send me any suggestions for other slices you'd like. I'm already working on these:
* MicroSD
* FT232RQ usb
* Large proto wedge to fit remainder of sparkfun project case, with Servo bus and LiPo charger
Anything else?

And yes, I was lazy and didn't route the quadrants (or jigsaw lobes) separately for this proto!

tubular

Comments

• simonlsimonl Posts: 866
    edited 2009-04-24 15:54
    @Tubular: Heck - my memory's better than I thought :LOL: Very nice smile.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Cheers,
    Simon

www.norfolkhelicopterclub.com

You'll always have as many take-offs as landings, the trick is to be sure you can take-off again wink.gif