Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Line following and maze codes needed for boe bot — Parallax Forums

Line following and maze codes needed for boe bot

kgb_m3kgb_m3 Posts: 3
edited 2009-04-23 11:03 in BASIC Stamp
I was wondering if someone has the most optimized code for the boe bot to follow the line with 4 sensors with the fastest possible speed. Also I need a code for the boe bot to complete a maze with dead ends and such. I would highly appreciate if someone can share these 2 codes with me. TIA

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-04-23 00:47
    This really sounds like homework, shouldn't you be trying to do this yourself?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2009-04-23 00:55
    Seeing as we don't know much about his "assignments" other than it has 4 sensors and the need for speed with a dead end maze, there is no way to answer that request.

A_R__by_Dj_Hayabusa.gif

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike2545

This message sent to you on 100% recycled electrons.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-23 01:51
    Quite a bold attempt, though. Got to give him/her that. [noparse]:)[/noparse]
  • kgb_m3kgb_m3 Posts: 3
    edited 2009-04-23 02:29
    Thanks for nothing, the code that i found on google doesn't work.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-04-23 03:25
    Somebody said...
    Thanks for nothing, the code that i found on google doesn't work.
    You're welcome, now what code doesn't work?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • kgb_m3kgb_m3 Posts: 3
    edited 2009-04-23 04:23
    I used this page

http://forums.parallax.com/forums/default.aspx?f=6&m=341331

This boe-bot I purchased for my young son and it's not for school, he was amazed by these things so I picked one up for him to play around with. We're trying to get it to go around a maze but it seems to do random different things after uploading the above mentioned code. If someone has a working code for a regular width electrical tape, I would highly appreciate it. I'm not too savvy with programming to spend days on this toy.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-23 05:25
    Sorry about the debate, but every once and a while we get students on the forums here asking for a complete program that does something a little contrived (a good indicator of beginning programming)

Have you followed all the calibration steps that Jessica provides?
    Can you provide detailed descriptions of what happens?

I'll mention that the BS2 isn't really a toy, and the BOE-BOT isn't really one either. The BS2 has been used in commercial products, and it is a complete mircocontroller. While it may be fun, it is not a toy. Therefore, it's likely that to get something as complicated as a maze algorithm working you'll have to spend some time with the system. I suggest taking a look at the books (available for free download from parallax) What's a Microcontroller and Robotics with the BOE-BOT

This page may help some:
    http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=799672

Edit: from the page I liked to it looks like the professor is working on formatting. There was a nice description of the maze algorithm, but that will probably appear again sometime soon.
  • Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2009-04-23 11:03
    Also sorry about that, _sorry__by_Sneffy.gif we see a lot of students waiting till the last minuet to get their assignments done and, well seeing how it was your first post and all.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike2545

This message sent to you on 100% recycled electrons.