Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BASIC Stamp & StampPlot Pro V3.8 — Parallax Forums

BASIC Stamp & StampPlot Pro V3.8

MichelBMichelB Posts: 154
edited 2009-04-30 19:20 in BASIC Stamp
Due to the fact that StampPlot Lite does not exist and replaced by StampPlot Pro V3.8 I need to know how to use PlotPhotoresistor.bs2 (What's a Microcontroller? page 196) with this new soft, I can't find the same windows. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-04-20 18:06
    Here is a link for Stamp Plot Lite:·

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support

Post Edited (Dave Andreae (Parallax)) : 4/20/2009 6:16:52 PM GMT
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-04-20 18:17
    MichelB,

There is also some macro's for Stamp Plot Pro available that will help you follow the text as well. Here is the download for both Lite or if you want to keep using Pro with the macros.

Stamp Plot Lite:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/sw/spl.zip

Stamp Plot Pro Macros:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/src/prod/PC-Macros-v1.0.zip

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • MichelBMichelB Posts: 154
    edited 2009-04-21 15:15
    Thank you Joshua, but my problem is not solved, in fact I'm learning "What's a Microcontroller?" and I can't run PlotPhotoresistor.bs2 Page 195 due the fact that StampPlot Lite was replaced by StampPlot Pro V3.8 and among the 8 windows of this soft I don't know which I must use to run the above program. Sorry for my bad english.

Best regards.

MichelB
    edited 2009-04-21 15:25
    MichelB,

If you wanted to use the Stamp Plot Lite instead, it still is available for download. The zip file for install is listed above; perhaps that will be a little easier than sorting through the options in the Pro version. Please let me know if you are having issues installing the Lite version.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-04-22 13:16
    Yes, I have problem to install StampPlotLite V1.7. There are 3 files in Spl.zip, setup.exe, SETUP.LST and StampPlotLite.CAB. After double click on setup.exe a dialog box indicates "There was an unexpected problem trying to create or write to the logfile 'C:\WINDOWS\ST6UNST.002'. Error number is 7. After trying to install, another dialog box indicates "An unexpected setup error has occurred!" and a third dialog box asks to exit installation. Please note that I tried on 3 different PC, all with Windows XP Pro.

Best regards. MichelB
    edited 2009-04-23 23:25
    MichelB,

I'm not sure what could be causing the issue; I to have XP pro and that is the file I have used to install as well. Did you unzip the file to your hard drive and then run the install?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-04-27 15:07
    Joshua,

I'm very sorry but I can't install Spl.zip (1.55 MB) downloaded from the above link. It seems that setup.exe (Setup Bootstrap for Visual Basic Toolkit) is corrupted (!) or one file misses. This morning I tried on a PC of my friend without success. You may try your self to install. If needed I can send you this file.

Best regards.

MichelB
    edited 2009-04-27 15:55
    MichelB,

That is strange, I just installed the Lite version without any errors. Can you take a screen shot of the errors that you encounter? I can't seem to duplicate it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-04-29 13:23
    Joshua,

please find herewith attached a doc file (Word) with screen shots, no files were in use during installation. For the 3rd screen shot I tried one time "OK" and a second time "Exit Setup", result is the same.
    Best regards.
    MichelB
  • ManetherenManetheren Posts: 117
    edited 2009-04-29 13:39
    It looks like you do not have access to write to the windows folder. I ahve seen this type of problem before when running as a user instead of an adminitrator. Every once in a while the problem crops up as a power user also. Do you have admin rights to the machine you are loading it onto?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tia'Shar Manetheren
    edited 2009-04-29 15:12
    I'm the only administrator and user of my 3 machines, 2 notebook with XP Pro SP3 and a tower with XP SP3. I tried on the 3 machines. I think that the best is to send Joshua Spl.zip
    edited 2009-04-29 15:15
    Dear Joshua, please find attached Spl.zip so you can try to install.
    edited 2009-04-29 16:19
    MichelB,

I removed the existing application from my machine and installed the version that is in the spl.zip file you provided; I didn't encounter any errors during the install process. I tried a search online for the file that it seems to be having an issue editing; but couldn't find anything conclusive.

What Anti-Virus software do you have protecting the network?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-04-30 14:30
    Dear Joshua, my problem is now solved. I gave Spl.zip to my friend for extraction and installation, files extracted were loaded after in my PC and we saw that if MSCOMM32.OCX was copied in C:\WINDOWS\system32 it was not recorded in the register in the first installation, then we put in Program Files the folder StampPlotLite and ran StampPlotLite.exe and now all is OK. Thank you for your help and very sorry for disturbance I caused.
    Best regards. MichelB

Post Edited (MichelB) : 4/30/2009 3:56:45 PM GMT
    edited 2009-04-30 19:20
    MichelB,

It was no disturbance at all; that is what we are here for. Glad it is working now, just let me know if anything else comes up.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com