Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax 433 MHz RF Transceiver Package and RFID Problem — Parallax Forums

Parallax 433 MHz RF Transceiver Package and RFID Problem

ManetherenManetheren Posts: 117
edited 2009-05-05 23:05 in BASIC Stamp
I am using the Parallax 433 MHz RF Transceiver Package with the BS2 BOE and cannot get them to talk together.· I am using the code supplied (as I wanted to get something to work before implimenting it with everything else in my code).· What I want to do is create a passcode that·a BOE-Bot give to a gate depending on an RFID tag used by the Bot to open a gate.· The gate will read the Tag and send a message to the bot that will ask for the pass code.· The bot will then send the 4 number passcode back to the gate and if the code is the correct numbers compaired tothe tag used·then the gate will open.· If not then the gate will not open.· All I am getting with the code supplied is that the tx is always sending the message and the receiver never tx back an acknowledgement that I can see.· If anyone can help it would be much appreciative as this is a final project for my schooling.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Tia'Shar Manetheren

Post Edited (Manetheren) : 5/5/2009 7:20:14 PM GMT

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-04-20 13:09
    Can you add your code that you are using as a .bs2 file?· This will allow us to see what is happening.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • ManetherenManetheren Posts: 117
    edited 2009-04-21 01:33
    Attached is my code that I have loaded to both basic stamp Boe-Bots

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Manetheren
  • Istha PowronIstha Powron Posts: 74
    edited 2009-04-21 08:40
    Hey Manatheren,

You said you were using the example, but then you posted code that was not the example. Did the example code work?

Assuming the example code worked and this code doesn't, there may be a couple of reasons;

1) You have to provide some time between teh synchronisation pulse and sending data, otherwise, it just looks like confused data. You need a pause between;

PULSOUT Tx,1200 'Send sync pulse to radio

and

' Send preample "UUUU!", packet #, string length, string data, crc
    SEROUT Tx, RFBaud, [noparse][[/noparse]"UUUU!", packet, strLen, STR string\strLen,
    crc.LOWBYTE, crc.HIGHBYTE]

2) As none of the hardware (transmitters, receivers, stamp) has any buffering, you have to get you rtiming perfect to make these things talk. You have to make ABSOLUTELY sure that only one transmitter is talking at a time (much better to get tranceivers that have buffers). I found the best way to do this is to have a master and a slave. The master transmits three times with a pause between each and then listens. The slave listens until it gets a message and then transmits three times. You have to play with the timing, but I had them working at 9600 baud over 100 metres.

Istha.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The robot is going to lose. Not by much. But when the final score is tallied, flesh and blood will beat the damn monster.
    Adam Smith
    edited 2009-04-21 11:05
    The code I posted is the example downloaded from the Tranceiver section.· The only changes are the pin numbers and the initial select case as my Bot caonnot use anybut the set I kept.··I will try the other code not that I look back and found it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Manetheren
    edited 2009-05-05 19:20
    I got the tranceiver to talk one way and prob both ways, but needed to intigrate into the program to get the timing down. The problem I am having now is variable space. It says I have too much used and no space with half the variables left needing the space. The problem is with the RFID and the Tranceiver being on the same board both requiring lots of variable space.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tia'Shar Manetheren

Post Edited (Manetheren) : 5/5/2009 11:07:00 PM GMT
    edited 2009-05-05 23:05
    Attachments attached

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tia'Shar Manetheren