Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parallax CD Question — Parallax Forums

Parallax CD Question

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-04-20 15:08 in BASIC Stamp
I was just browsing through my Parallax CD and just have a question about the SW on it. What does the GUI Bot, Stamp DAQ and Stamp Plotter do. If they are helpful programs I would like to install them. Thanks

Comments

• JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-04-17 23:19
    NWUpgrades,

What is the release of the CD you have? The reason why I ask is because there has been some name changes and I want to make sure I provide you with the correct information in regards to the Stamp Plotter. We have newer software called Stamp Plot Pro/Lite is that what you mean?

GUI BOT Software:
    This program uses a Graphical User Interface to program your Boe-Bot.· Recommended for customers under 12 years old. This serves as a bridge to begin programming in PBASIC as opposed to "drop and click programming".

Stamp DAQ:
    The Parallax Data Acquisition tool (PLX-DAQ) software add-in for Microsoft Excel acquires up to 26 channels of data from any Parallax microcontrollers and drops the numbers into columns as they arrive. PLX-DAQ provides easy spreadsheet analysis of data collected in the field, laboratory analysis of sensors and real-time equipment monitoring

I hope this helps,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-04-17 23:50
    Thanks, That helps. What about the Stamp Plotter?
    edited 2009-04-17 23:52
    Sorry. THe release is July 2004.
    edited 2009-04-18 00:00
    NWUpgrades.

By Stamp Plotter; do you mean Stamp Plot Pro / Lite?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com
    edited 2009-04-18 00:05
    That's the one!!
    edited 2009-04-20 15:08
    NWUpgrades,

These are two programs that are used to collect data and then can be used to graph with various types of visual selections. Both created by Selmaware, and are free for download. Here are the overview for both

StampPlot Lite Version: 1.7 graphing utility is a digital strip-chart recorder that lets you visual and log to file data from a BASIC Stamp module.

StampPlot Pro Version: 7.5 is the full version graphing utility and BASIC Stamp controlled GUI. Home and Educational users may register under a FREE standard license.

For the latest version of each you can download them from the BASIC Stamp Software page:
    http://www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

I hope this helps,

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Respectfully,

Joshua Donelson
    www.parallax.com