Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Parsing /raw GPS data and storing it on a USB flash drive — Parallax Forums

Parsing /raw GPS data and storing it on a USB flash drive

TheKnackTheKnack Posts: 1
edited 2009-04-16 22:42 in BASIC Stamp
I’m a mechanical engineering trying to build a vehicle dynamics data logger.· I have purchased the following components from parallax: BS2p, gps, usb data logger, 2x 2125 accelerometer, backlight 2x16 serial in LCD.
·
I’m looking to collect time and ground speed data from the GPS, and acceleration data from the accelerometers.· I’d like to show the speed and acceleration data on the LCD and store all of the data [noparse][[/noparse]dt, v,ax1,ay1,ax2,ay2] as a comma separated string.· My main problems seems to be that the demo usb data-logging code uses an insane amount of variable space and I don’t fully understand how it works.· Is there a good source of information on this unit?· Is there a way to use different memory slots or the scratchpad to help?·
·

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-16 22:42
    Perfect! I'm sorry, I just can't help but smile when I have a solution right at hand. Take a look at the link below, and the code there. Specifically, look at the datalogger program. It outputs to a USB all the GPS information, and (if I remember right) the light levels as a five digit word. You'd have to change the baud rate to fit the BS2p, but otherwise it should work.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=741023