Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
how to out put the data form debug terminal of bs2 — Parallax Forums

how to out put the data form debug terminal of bs2

jason0324jason0324 Posts: 6
edited 2009-04-20 05:07 in BASIC Stamp
As title
i have collected some data in the debug terminal , but i don't know how to output the data to the computer or save as another readable format on computer(say, .txt) inorder the let others to get the data.

i would like to ask if there are any path for me to do so.

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-04-16 13:52
    Have you looked at PLX-DAQ Real-Time Data Acquisition software?· It's·free, here is a link for the download:·

http://www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • jason0324jason0324 Posts: 6
    edited 2009-04-20 01:02
    Thanks for providing the link.

However, I encounter another problem when trying to use PLX-DAQ.

When using the Basic Stamp Window Editor and run my program, PLX-DAQ fails to be connected.
    On the other hand, if PLX-DAQ is connected first, the program cannot be runned since the Basic Stamp Window Editor cannot find the stamp through the port.

I would like to ask what should be done in order to solve the problem. Thanks.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-04-20 01:18
    Only one program can open a com port at a time. If you have it open with the stamp editor PLX-DAQ can't open it and vice versa

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2009-04-20 01:32
    If the two programs cannot be opened at the same time, what should I do so that I can output the data obtained from stamp to PLX-DAQ?

Or put it in another way (I am not sure whether my idea is correct or not ^_^')
    Is there any way I can make stamp to run without using the basic stamp window editor programme?
    If the stamp run by itself without using the window editor, then can PLX-DAQ obtain data in this way?
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-04-20 01:52
    The stamp, once the program is loaded can be turned off, unpowered or just unplugged. Once power is restored the program will start to run. You don't need the editor for anything but loading and testing the program.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
    edited 2009-04-20 05:07
    Oh! It does work! Thanks you so much. ^_^