Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
pROBLEM WITH bOEbOT wHISKER AND led TEST — Parallax Forums

pROBLEM WITH bOEbOT wHISKER AND led TEST

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-04-14 06:33 in BASIC Stamp
I just received my BoeBot today and I am not sure, but I believe there may be a problem with the board. After testing and checking all wire and resistor connections I am having the following problem: I can not get either of the LED's to light up when the whiskers are pressed against the 3 piece contacts. When I run the Whiskers program on the screen, I see P5 and P7 change from 1 to 0 when pressed.

If I modify the program to place a 1 where the 0 goes, the LED's come on, but when the whiskers are·pressed they do not shut off. Any suggestions? I have traced every resistor and wire, and they all are correctly installed.

' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.5}

IF (IN7 = 1) THEN
HIGH 1
ELSE
LOW 1
ENDIF

IF (IN5 = 1) THEN
HIGH 10
ELSE
·LOW 10
ENDIF

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-14 05:17
    You probably want a loop around the whole thing. As it is, it will have a single state (the initial state) and won't change from that.

As a side note, your title might be more readable if you use normal capitalization. You can always edit your post to fix it...
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-04-14 05:28
    This is exactly how the book has it. Am I missing something? Page 177 in the BoeBot manual. I have to get this going before I go any further so as to make sure everything works as it is suppose to.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-14 06:02
    Look at the line right above the code on page 177:

"[noparse][[/noparse]check] Insert these two IF....THEN statements between the PAUSE 50 and LOOP commands."

The rest of the code appears to be on page 172-173.
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-04-14 06:33
    I got it. That's what I get for running on 3 hours sleep!!! Thanks for the help.