Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Very much the noob!!! Help??? — Parallax Forums

Very much the noob!!! Help???

360newb360newb Posts: 1
edited 2009-04-14 03:25 in BASIC Stamp
Ok I will start by saying I have been buying preprogrammed microcontrollers from a guy and modding xbox 360 controllers. I want to take the next step. I went out today and bought the "what is a micro controller" package with the basic stamp homework board. My question is where do I start? I have been reading the book and will read its entireity. But I don not see anything so far as to how to program the microcontrollers. Where to put them on the board. How to make whats on the board resemble a controller. etc. etc. Is there anywhere that has the information as to how do do this? I have tried googleing to find out what I need to do but have not had any luck. What I am wanting to do is program the microcontrollers to be rapid fire controllers. Pull the trigger and instead of one shot theres alot of shots. There is a ton of them already in progress but I want to learn to make my own. I do have some open source codes that I would like to try first and then get into modifing the programs and making my own or just starting from nothing and making my own. So if anyone can help me out it will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you in advance.···· George

Comments

• FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-04-14 03:22
    Keep reading there is lots of info and programs in the book. Here is a link to the homework documentation www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/boards/HomeWorkBoard-v1.3.pdf The stamp is on the board as part of the circuit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-04-14 03:25
    The "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial does teach you how to program the Stamp. The Homework board includes a Stamp microcontroller already ... permanently mounted on the board.

There are lots of tutorials available for free from Parallax and lots of Nuts and Volts columns. From the main Parallax webpage, click on the Resources tab. You'll see a link to "Nuts and Volts Columns". You'll also see a link to "Downloads". Click on that and you'll see a link to "Stamps in Class Downloads". There you'll find all the tutorials. Also browse the Nuts and Volts columns index.