Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Thermo-K.BPE — Parallax Forums

Thermo-K.BPE

ShawnKShawnK Posts: 3
edited 2009-04-15 00:41 in BASIC Stamp
I'm trying to utilize a LCD Terminal AppMod (29121) with the Thermocouple kit sample program Thermo-K.BPE.·· I belive this program is written to utilize this LCD·display.· My LCD lights up, but never changes from a full on all blocks lit up.· Is this code correct, or do i need change something to enable the LCD Display?· I'm running this on a BS2px via Board of Education with Breadboard.· I can't seem to find any error in the code.

I also downloaded the sample program for the LCD Terminal AppMod to check that hardware.· The code runs on a BS1 one a Super Carrier Board, and the LCD and buttons work fine.· Both Setups utilize the 20 pin connector.

Thanks for any help.
S

Comments

• ShawnKShawnK Posts: 3
    edited 2009-04-14 01:15
    After playing around a bit more, I'm not concluding there is something wrong with the LCD (?) as I've been able to reproduce the error now on the BS1 setup also. What I don't get is why it worked on the BS1 setup, but not on the BS2px. Now the screen no longer appears to work on either, with the same problem of 8 Full Blocks on line 1.

I can also conclude that the BS1 & Buttons on the LCD work fine as the Debug Screen lets me know both are operating properly.

Can anyone confirm if this is a program glitch or the hardware?
  • ShawnKShawnK Posts: 3
    edited 2009-04-15 00:41
    Ok, still unsure what my problem is here. I also have a Parallax 2x16 Serial LCD (Non-Backlit) (#27977) with the same problem when connected to either the BS2ps or BS1, the top line just display's blocks. Something is effecting the cirucit.

Here's the code:

' {$STAMP BS1}
    ' {$PBASIC 1.0}

SYMBOL TxPin =5
    SYMBOL Baud19200 =32
    SEROUT TxPin, Baud19200, (12)
    PAUSE 100
    SEROUT TxPin, Baud19200, ("TEST")

Why might I only get a top line of blocks?