Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
How fast is the BS2px? — Parallax Forums

How fast is the BS2px?

DouglasDouglas Posts: 8
edited 2009-04-12 14:34 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,

· I'm thinking of upgrading to the BS2px for my Boe-Bot.· I'm just wondering how much faster is the chip?· Example..· I have a BS2sx and I need to multiply the timing by 2.5 as compared to the BS2.· What do I need to multiply the timing by for the BS2px?

· Longterm project is to make a bigger and better Boe-Bot..· More sensors and servos for outside use..·· Just don't want to limit myself by the BS2sx.· Thanks for the info.

Doug

Comments

• stamptrolstamptrol Posts: 1,731
    edited 2009-04-12 12:19
    Look under "Product Info" on the Parallax website. The BS2sx runs at about 10000 instructions per second, the BS2px runs at 19000 instructions per second.

The multiplier is approx 1.9

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Tom Sisk

http://www.siskconsult.com
    ·
  • briankbbriankb Posts: 15
    edited 2009-04-12 14:34
    This may help. I recently had the same idea for updating my Boe Bot and ordered the BS2px but I didn't realize the servo timing issue and emailed support.

This is the response from support:
    Joshua said...
    The timing on the BS2px is much different from the BS2, the execution speed of the BS2px is almost 5 times faster than the BS2; so the PULSOUT, FREQOUT, SEROUT/IN and others will be changed. For example, a PULSOUT 12, 500 on the BS2 would be changed to PULSOUT 12, 1250 for the BS2px. There are explanations of this in each command in the BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual.

As Joshua mentioned in his response there is a section in the BS2px manual that explains the timing differences and how to calculate.

I believe it is on page 8 of the following PDF www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/BASICStamp2px.pdf

Post Edited (briankb) : 4/12/2009 2:40:32 PM GMT