Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Another Robot Question — Parallax Forums

Another Robot Question

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-04-11 00:36 in BASIC Stamp
OK, So I am almost done with the design and materials list for my robot. I also have most of the materials on the list thus far.

Here is the plan. I want to build a robot that is run from an ITX motherboard and Atom CPU. My question is this, is there an advantage and or disadvantage of also using BS2 chips? I will be running 4 motors from 2 ea. DC motor controllers. Would it be wise to run them from the BS2 chip, or from the computer itself? I am thinking of using MS Robotics Studio 2008. This may be more complex than I want to get in to, but that is usually how I do things!!!!

After reading up on MSRS, I see that it works well in conjunction with the BoeBot. I found a screaming deal on a complete BoeBot set yesterday so I snatched it up. I am just wondering if it is better to use a combination of both the computer and the BS2 chips.

I got my design idea from here:

http://www.roboteq.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&catid=56&Itemid=87

I do not plan on using all the parts they show, as I am on a limited budget, but when thinking up this project, this was something of how I wanted to go. However, my robot will eventually consist of a body and a head, which is why I am searching around for some powerful DC motors such as wheelchair motors. Once I have thos I will be ready to go and will post some pics. You guys are a greathelp here and I am sure I will be back for more input. Oh, And yes, this is my first "real" robot project. Like I said, that is how I usually do things!!!!!