Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Motor Speed......... Need Suggestions!!!!!! — Parallax Forums

Motor Speed......... Need Suggestions!!!!!!

hotrodhotrod Posts: 14
edited 2009-04-10 15:09 in BASIC Stamp
Hello, Everyone.

I am controlling A stepper motor with a Bs2 and an EasyDriver v3. My problem is that the Bs2 is sending the pulses two slow. If, I were to use a Bs2px would this make my Motor faster?

Also, My EasyDriver is operating in Eighth-Step mode all the time. Will this make my motor rotate at the same speed no matter what chip I use?

One last thing. Is the same code for the BS2 going to work on the BS2sx properly to run my stepper?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-04-10 15:09
    Either a BS2sx or a BS2px would be faster than a BS2. There's a comparison chart on Parallax's website: www.parallax.com/tabid/436/Default.aspx.
    The BS2sx is roughly twice as fast as the BS2 and the BS2px is roughly twice as fast as the BS2sx.

There are a variety of timing constants used by certain PBasic statements like SERIN / SEROUT and the Stamp Manual and help files provide these for each of the different Stamp models. Your program doesn't use any of these statements, so it should work on any of the Stamp models without any changes. The BS2px has a different DEBUGIN/ DEBUG Baud (19,200 vs. 9600) than the other Stamp models, but the Stamp Editor adjusts for that if you use the menus to specify that you're using a BS2px.