Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Piezo Buzzer — Parallax Forums

Piezo Buzzer

GiuseppeGiuseppe Posts: 51
edited 2009-04-09 15:27 in BASIC Stamp
My project is coming to a close and I am trying to purchase all the components from Mouser.com. I have everything listed and accounted for except for the piezo buzzer. I do not know which specs I should read on datasheets that the Basic Stamp II can support. The only buzzer I have ever used was the one that came with the Basic Stamp Homework board kit. I was looking at these: http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?N=1525667+4294641256&Keyword=piezo+buzzer&FS=True . I think they will work but I do not know how much different they are from the one's on the Parallax store. Do I need any external circuitry to drive the piezos to make it work with the Stamp's FREQOUT command?

Comments

• ProcessingData...ProcessingData... Posts: 208
    edited 2009-04-09 02:32
    Any Pezio should work with the Basic stamp, as long as it dosn't have a built in buzzer circuit.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Basic Stamp,···· Propeller,·· · SX,·· FUN!

START:·
    >Proccessing Data. . . .··
    >Task Complete. . .·.
    >Saving Data. . . .
    >Entering SLEEP Mode. . . .
    >Signing OFF

·
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-09 02:43
    Looks like it will work.
  • HumanoidoHumanoido Posts: 5,770
    edited 2009-04-09 15:27
    As you see from the web page, Piezo speakers have a voltage - power rating. Choose one designed to operate at 5-volt signal levels. The Parallax Piezo speaker works perfect for this purpose. Maybe you want to put together a Parallax order too.

humanoido