Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
DC Motor Controller help needed. — Parallax Forums

DC Motor Controller help needed.

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-04-12 00:15 in BASIC Stamp
I am working on getting my robot project going. I have gotten about half way through my drawing and parts list. I need a bit of assistance with DC motor controllers. I will be using motors similar to the one on this link:

http://www.npcrobotics.com/products/viewprod.asp?prod=38&cat=20&mode=gfx

I have a limited budget, and was wondering if anyone could recommend an inexpensive DC motor controller kit that I can do myself. I would like the controller to either run two or all four of the motors, bidirectional and be able to controlthe speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
·

Comments

• crd15crd15 Posts: 12
    edited 2009-04-11 22:16
    I am using the Sabertooth 2x5. If you are running the basic stamp 2 then they will work fine. To control the speed you would just send a different pulsout command. full speed forward would be 1000 uS while full speed reverse is 2000uS. 1500uS would be stop. If you do not want the motors to go full speed you can pick a number between 1000 and 1500 to slow the motor down. They will run all 4 motors. I would go with something different but they are cheap. It was what was donated to me though.
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-04-12 00:15
    What about the HB-25? They are about ten bucks cheaper amd look like they would do the same thing, or is there a speed difference?