Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hero JR for sale — Parallax Forums

Hero JR for sale

HyrumHyrum Posts: 1
edited 2014-07-01 16:43 in Robotics
This robot has been fun to play with over the past few years. If anyone is interested it can now be found on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=180343877847

Comments

• ercoerco Posts: 20,255
    edited 2009-04-07 18:14
    Clean-looking bot! I just sold a mint·HJ with all options, expanded memory and one cartridge on Los Angeles Craigslist for $400. All those old bots are a labor of love to keep going. I still have a Hero, Hero Jr and Hero 2000 in my collection. Good luck on your auction. Those bots are·costly to ship!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • TinkersALotTinkersALot Posts: 535
    edited 2009-04-07 18:46
    Erco,

I also own a Hero and a couple of Juniors (in parts...one was "cut up into a custom chassis" and another took a dive off a high shelf...that one is pretty busted up...darn...). I used to have a 2000 but in a fit of madness inspired by need of cash I sold that a number of years ago...a move I have regretted ever since...I am in the market for a 2000, so if you hear of one....sigh....well....
  • RobotWorkshopRobotWorkshop Posts: 2,307
    edited 2009-04-07 19:49
    If you need any parts to put them back together let me know and I may be able to help. I have the remaining inventory of HERO parts as well as many upgrades for them. Some of the parts have been reproduced so some hard to find parts are available again. I can also help with board level repairs to get them going again. In the shop are some of the original test fixtures and I've made new ones so that I can repair/rebuild the boards without the need to ship a whole robot.

Specifically for the Jr some items of interest may be the extra RAM, the latest Main ROM set (V1.6) with Y2K fix, and the Master Cartridge with all twelve of the HERO Jr cartridges in one.

Best Regards,

Robert

www.robotworkshop.com

Post Edited (RobotWorkshop) : 4/7/2009 7:54:45 PM GMT
    edited 2009-04-08 03:21
    TinkersALot:

I agree that H2000 is the one to keep in a pinch. I bought mine in the late 80's for $1000 from the Anaheim CA Heathkit store when it closed up. I haven't programmed it in a while, but I charge the battery occasionally and fire it up just to run the self-check. It looks impressive just sitting there and always wows visitors even when off. I have VHS videos of it doing some cool stuff (bartending was the coolest) and "one of these days" I'll Youtube them. I do plan to hang onto mine, BTW. Pry it from cold dead hand...

My HJ buyer bought the Master Cartridge and V1.6 ROM from Robert Doerr right away. Robert, thanks for being the Keeper of the HERO flame!

erco

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ·"If you build it, they will come."
  • mklrobomklrobo Posts: 420
    edited 2014-06-24 13:59
    Bought it. I have always wanted a Hero, but could only find a Hero Jr. In very good contition. I now have a kindred friend that I have always wanted, but could not afford until now.
    BTW, a full program master cartridge can be bought with ALL programs that exist for the Hero Jr. on sale at a site on the intranet. :)
  • NWCCTVNWCCTV Posts: 3,629
    edited 2014-06-24 18:18
    intranet
    At your place?
    edited 2014-06-25 09:08
    That makes Robert your new best friend! http://www.robotworkshop.com/robotweb/?page_id=13
  • PublisonPublison Posts: 12,366
    edited 2014-06-25 10:01
    erco wrote: »
    That makes Robert your new best friend! http://www.robotworkshop.com/robotweb/?page_id=13

And if he where not so far from me, I would work there everyday for parts. :)
  • TtailspinTtailspin Posts: 1,326
    edited 2014-06-25 10:41
    I love the look of the Hero Robots, They look so..Robotee <(new word, please add to your dictionary...)

But, mklrobo, is this the longest running Ebay auction ever?, or are you talking about a more recent auction?
    This auction seems to have started in 2009... Which is ok with me, I was just curious..

-Tommy
    edited 2014-07-01 16:41
    Ttailspin wrote: »
    I love the look of the Hero Robots, They look so..Robotee <(new word, please add to your dictionary...)

But, mklrobo, is this the longest running Ebay auction ever?, or are you talking about a more recent auction?
    This auction seems to have started in 2009... Which is ok with me, I was just curious..

-Tommy

This particular post was recently. Just recieved the Hero Jr.. I knew that I could not let this one go. Perfect condition, with cartidges, AND schematics. If anyone wants a copy, I could post them to you. The owners manual (small), too. I will make a special case for "him", to make sure he stays in prestine condition. :)
    edited 2014-07-01 16:43
    NWCCTV wrote: »
    At your place?

ha ha! No, not at my place, on Ebay, intERNET. You got me!! :frown: