Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Electronics sale — Parallax Forums

Electronics sale

NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
edited 2009-04-08 01:10 in BASIC Stamp
I am venturing in to a robotic project that has been in the back of my mind for several years now. If anyone has any electronics components, PCB boards, motors or anything else that can be used for a robot and you are looking to get rid of them, I would be happy to take them off your hands for the right price. Thanks.

Comments

• Mike2545Mike2545 Posts: 433
    edited 2009-04-07 00:25
    I cant speak for everyone else, but I generally use what I buy, or have a nice design in mind that I would like to get to some day or another. The only exception I had, was trying out different micro controllers. I gave those away.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Mike2545

This message sent to you on 100% recycled electrons.
  • NWUpgradesNWUpgrades Posts: 292
    edited 2009-04-07 00:45
    I understand this. Sometimes people get in to things and never finish them and decide to off load them. Just trying to get what I can together before I go buy everything new.
  • briankbbriankb Posts: 15
    edited 2009-04-07 22:47
    You might want to check your local Radio Shack for "clearance" items.

I was in there today and noticed they had some of the items for their customizable RC cars at half or less. A 7.4v Battery pack $8 and battery charger was $11. Also had a pretty decent but small motor but the price was not listed and I didn't ask.

A few years ago they were getting rid of VEX stuff and I picked up a lot of the sensors and tires for 60% off. None of these things will show up on the RS website as on sale. So it pays to stop by once in a while especially after December.

eBay also has a lot of stuff but of course you have to be very selective on the seller.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-04-07 23:04
    Check with your local university of college. Mine has a monthly public surplus sale from the departments. Mostly it's furniture, but there are some electronic components. I got two power supplies, a laptop charger, a bunch of cables, a new keyboard, and about 10 CD/Floppy drives for <$40. It's really quite a deal. Disk drives and power supplies especially: $2 each. I'm told that most colleges and universities have something similar.
  • briankbbriankb Posts: 15
    edited 2009-04-07 23:55
    I forgot about those here is a link to the auction house that University of Florida (Gators) use http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/ufl,fl/list/current?orgid=1239

I believe they have other schools as well.

@SRLM do you have a link for your school if it's different than publicsurplus.com?
  • FearTurtlesFearTurtles Posts: 89
    edited 2009-04-08 01:10
    You can also check out places like Computer repair shops and see if they have any dead printers and what-not. They just through them away yet you can find a lot of good motors in them.