Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2e Max. Current Consumption — Parallax Forums

BS2e Max. Current Consumption

hmlittle59hmlittle59 Posts: 404
edited 2009-04-06 05:38 in BASIC Stamp
Hello All,

I'm trying to calculate the Max. Power consumption I will use and the voltage regulator needed. I have all the Data Sheets for the parts I'm using (DS1302,shift register, BackLight Display...etc) that show ratings, but I could not find Current Consumption on the 20 MHz SMT part and the BS2e(Interpreter)SMT. The BS2e would be the main one needed. I've purchased a 5vdc 1.5a SMT regulator which appears to be way over the rule of thumb double the amounted needed....Anyway

1) I can not find the Max. Current of the BS2e?
2) 20 MHz Resonator...Is there much current draw at all???

thanks all

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
I'M STILL LEARNING SO MUCH...BUT STILL KNOW SO LITTLE!!!

hmlittle59

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-04-05 20:35
    The Basic Stamp comparison chart gives the current consumption: www.parallax.com/tabid/436/Default.aspx

The actual current drawn depends a lot on what's connected to the Stamp, but this is a good starting point.

The resonator does not draw power by itself. It uses energy supplied by the Stamp's oscillator to work.
  • hmlittle59hmlittle59 Posts: 404
    edited 2009-04-06 05:38
    thanks Mike,

I was trying to get it for the interpreter itself(I mixed up what I was asking for...My bad) but I will use these figures and see what I come up with. So far its 505 mA (max.). (8 I/O x 60 mA + 25 mA).

thanks again

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    I'M STILL LEARNING SO MUCH...BUT STILL KNOW SO LITTLE!!!

hmlittle59

Post Edited (hmlittle59) : 4/6/2009 5:49:39 AM GMT