Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Linx receiver question — Parallax Forums

Linx receiver question

wmtell1wmtell1 Posts: 14
edited 2009-04-05 05:01 in BASIC Stamp
Can I have the Linx receivr pause for a signal for a small time and then the go to another part of my code?

William
·

Comments

• Craig EidCraig Eid Posts: 106
    edited 2009-04-04 22:48
    William,

Are you asking if you can wait for a defined timeframe for a specific signal on the DATA line? The Timeout and·Tlabel variables are options in the SERIN command that can be used to wait for a defined timeframe for any signal. Timeout triggers on any serial data and defines the wait time; Tlabel specifices the program direction if the wait time is exceeded. Add an error trapping routine if you utilize Timeout and·Tlabel· and need to wait for a specific signal.

As an alternative, consider using the WAIT qualifier to wait for a specified dataset prior to receiving additional data. Please view the SERIN Function in the Help file for more information.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ························ Craig Eid

··········· Triad Research and Development
    Electical Engineering Design and Consulting Services

··················· www.TriadRD.com
  • wmtell1wmtell1 Posts: 14
    edited 2009-04-04 23:55
    That lloks good.·I'll giv it a shot later today and let you guys know what happens.

William
  • wmtell1wmtell1 Posts: 14
    edited 2009-04-05 05:01
    I used the two commans and aded some code to do "error trapping" and it seems to work!·I'm sending a patten to light up 5 red LEDs from left to right and its pretty cool | || ||| |||| |||||. The "error trapping" goes to the beginning of the program if it doesnt see the 1 2 3 4 5. Im pretty sruprised that I can send a signal from my apartment to my car thats parkd around the corner thats about a thousand feet away.·

Does anyone know the longest range that I can get from the Linx receiver?

Thanks for all the helpp!

William