Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
IR Emitter Selection — Parallax Forums

IR Emitter Selection

morris4019morris4019 Posts: 145
edited 2009-04-03 05:12 in Accessories
Hey I am building the herbie out of Junkbots, Bugbots, and Bots on wheels. I have read the book twice all the way through before actually creating any of the projects. I am having problems with my IR emitters (i think). Both motors are spinning, to what i can tell, at the same speed even when i cover up one of the IR emitters. Now my question is, the IR emitters I am using are actually out of a small toy remote controll helicopter and I am wondering if it is maybe what is wrong. I checked them and they are emitting the IR light so i would assume, if everything in this book is correct, that this is what i need. I have gone over and over the breadboard and can't figure out why they are not correcting the speed of each motor for different light.

Oh also, I am not using gear motors (because of a lack of funds, and nothign else to take apart), so i backed the battery down to 1 AA battery, which works way better to tell how fast and which direction they are going. The 9v seemed just bounced them right off the table.

If anyone needs more information I can take a picture of my breadboard setup and post it.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.
-Mike

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
======

······ I'll try everything once [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-04-03 01:10
    You have to post at least two things:
    1) A schematic diagram of how everything is connected including parts identification where possible.

2) A complete program listing of your control program (as an attachment to a message, not cut and pasted).

It's impossible to answer your question without much more specific information about what you have, what you're trying to do, what works so far and what doesn't work.· A picture may be useful eventually, but first #1 and #2.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 4/3/2009 1:15:50 AM GMT
  • morris4019morris4019 Posts: 145
    edited 2009-04-03 05:12
    I had actually miss read which was cathode and anode on one of the IR emitters. I have built my little herbie, which I'm going to start calling dizzy, because he just spins clockwise in circles.... really really fast. Both motors are spinning, and I can hold it up and hear the motors change according to light. The problem seems to be the speed at which they turn. It seems that the left motor is always spinning faster than the right, wierd? I am hoping that tweaking the positions of the EYES will help correct this problem.

As for now, I've had a long night and my eyes are tired so I'm going to start with fresh eyes tomorrow.
    -Mike

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ======

······ I'll try everything once [noparse]:)[/noparse]