Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Visual Basic 6.0 Motor (PWM) control via a Joystick to basic Stamp Micro — Parallax Forums

Visual Basic 6.0 Motor (PWM) control via a Joystick to basic Stamp Micro

Jimbo30Jimbo30 Posts: 129
edited 2009-04-01 15:57 in BASIC Stamp
Hello all smile.gif

I am presently working on a robot project and I·thought I might·ask a question before I start my next battle to win the war with my design.· I am attempting to control PWM with a Joystick via VB 6.0 and send those commands with a Xbee Zigbee RF module.· The IC Chip I bought for the H-bridge motor control was the SN754410 (Quad Half H-Bridge IC), but I have overlooked the fact this chip does not have an input for PWM.· I am able to manipulate the buttons and XY coordinates of the Joystick and show the results in text boxes and·labels in a·small VB program, but·I am a little confused confused.gif on manipulating X ( 0 through 65,535) and Y ( 0 through 65,535) coordinates to PWM.· Something tells me I have to scale.· Do you think this would be too much trouble?· And would the Parallx H-bridge motor controller automatically do this for me?· Thank you for your feedback.

Comments

• Bill ChennaultBill Chennault Posts: 1,198
    edited 2009-04-01 15:57
    Jimbo30--

Parallax H-bridge motor controller? Do you mean the HB-25? If so, then it will not scale for you. It is a great motor controller, though. (No Parallax motor controller will perform scaling, as far as I know. However, I may not know too far.)

Do all the math in VB6.0 and send the Stamp what it wants to see so it can easily send it to your motor controller. If you have a PC and VB in the background, let'em work for you.

--Bill

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    You are what you write.