Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
74HC595 Success — Parallax Forums

74HC595 Success

MRMR Posts: 46
edited 2009-03-22 13:18 in BASIC Stamp
yeah.gifturn.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gifyeah.gif

Special Thanks to Mike Green, Chris Savage and Forrest, (from my other post regarding the 74HC595). yeah.gifyeah.gifturn.gifyeah.gif

I got home from work this morning and wired up the 74HC595 shift register. It took a bit of work manipulating the code but I am now successfully driving 8, seven segment displays using the 74HC595 shift register and only three stamp pins. Oh and by the way, by using the 74HC595 it actually boosted the output Amperage and the displays are brighter than the displays not using the 74HC595. Again thank you for your help.

-MR

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
If it Stinks it is Chemistry
If it Gooey its Biology
If it doesn't work its Physics

They say if you Play a Microsoft CD backwards you can hear satanic messages, that's nothing because if you play it forward it installs Vista!

I didn't Fail 10,000 times, I simply found 10,000 ways that didn't work. -Thomas Edison

640 KB is all the memory anyone will ever need. -Bill Gates in a 1980's interview talking about Windows.

In 1969, the crew of Apollo 11 landed on the moon. A standard calculator has more computing power than the Apollo 11 computer, yet it takes almost 3 Gigs to Run Vista. Something is wrong here!