Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp Echo “Off” Issue — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp Echo “Off” Issue

eflyefly Posts: 34
edited 2009-03-22 13:54 in BASIC Stamp
Dear All,
·
Last few days I have bought a USB-to-RS232 cable so that I could interface my BOE(RS232 type) from my laptop, however, when I test run my program it show cannot detected basic stamp. After some trial I figure out there is “ECHO” equal to “NO” problem but really don’t have any idea to solve it, can anyone know how to turn the ECHO to “Yes” mode??
·
Many Thanks if someone could help.···yeah.gif·
·
Best Rgd,
Efly
866 x 587 - 77K
1280 x 960 - 74K

Comments

• roadrunner3groadrunner3g Posts: 36
    edited 2009-03-22 11:06
    try the USB program in the download section.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-22 13:54
    Loopback = Yes simply means that the adapter implements the DSR and RTS handshake signals. Echo = Yes means that data sent from the PC is (correctly) being echoed back to the PC. There's probably something wrong with your USB-RS232 adapter or its USB driver on the PC. As roadrunner3g mentioned, there's a guide to getting USB-RS232 adapters to work that sometimes helps here: www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/ftdi/USBDriverTroubleshooting-V1.0.pdf.

Not all USB-RS232 adapters work with Parallax's products. Some of the cheaper ones just implement a subset of the handshake signals and leave out the ones that are needed for Stamp programming (DTR in particular). Some of them have sloppy timing in the Windows USB drivers, but sometimes that can be adjusted as described in guide (above). This timing doesn't affect their usual use, but prevents them from being used for programming.