Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BS2 Object code (EEPROM DATA) — Parallax Forums

BS2 Object code (EEPROM DATA)

BeanBean Posts: 8,129
edited 2009-03-24 15:24 in BASIC Stamp
I've searched the web, and I've found some references to a BSAVE command that will save the your stamp eeprom tokens to a file. But it doesn't seem to work with the newer IDE software.

I tried the "Generate Object Code", but that made a file that was 18K long ???

So·I thought I could highlight and copy from the memory map...No dice...

So my question is "How can I get the EEPROM data for my BS2 code to a file, or text file or anything ?"
If you know please let me know.

Bean

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. Make sure you don't cross it...

·

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-21 21:59
    In the Generate Object Code window, select the Object Code option. You should get a file that contains only the compiled object code.
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-03-21 22:29
    Bean,

The 18K seems to be a standard length, regardless of how long the program is. It includes a header, which contains the description and instructions you type in when the file is created, along with a lot of zero padding and what looks like some checksum data. I suspect the file is long enough to accommodate multi-slot programs as well.

But in comparing the actual program data in the file with that from the memory dump window in the IDE, they are the same, so the token data that you're looking for is there. You just have to dig for it.

(You must have just received the Forbes book. smile.gif )

-Phil
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2009-03-22 03:38
    Bean,

this was posted by I think Jeff Martin and explains the whereabouts of the tokens within the object file (944-3248). I used it to make a simple Stamp programmer once.

Jeff T.

EDIT: if you want the source for the program I use to extract the tokens as a CSV file let me know, its a VB Express file.

Post Edited (Unsoundcode) : 3/22/2009 3:54:41 AM GMT
  • BeanBean Posts: 8,129
    edited 2009-03-24 15:24
    Jeff,
    Thanks. That is what I needed.

Bean.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    There is a fine line between arrogance and confidence. Make sure you don't cross it...

·