Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Wireless Control (Parallax) — Parallax Forums

Wireless Control (Parallax)

TitoTito Posts: 4
edited 2009-03-17 01:32 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi, does anyone know if I can control more than five servos with the wireless control from parallax.

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-03-17 00:04
    With these? (link)

You can control as many as you want (no upper limit). The tradeoff is that the more servos you actively control, the less often you can refresh them with new values. You could do some optimization by only transmitting new servo values (and their associated servo number) each time you transmit. This would be an effective strategy if you change less than half your servos every time.

Note that you'll need a microcontroller (like the BS2) at each end to send and interpret the signals.

Some more information on what you want to do will give a better answer.
  • TitoTito Posts: 4
    edited 2009-03-17 00:28
    Thank you SRLM.
    Sadly I need to admit I am a begginer and I am trying to approach something that I think is a bit advance.
    As of right now I need to control via RF four wheel servos and a gripper. My biggest problem is that I do not know how to make the transmitter communicate with the receiver. I am not sure I fully understand the coding behind. Do you or anyone else know any place were I can find a break down of what each command means. I am going through the forum and is not helping that much.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-17 00:39
    First you have to learn the statements. The "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial is helpful there. If you don't have a Stamp manual, you'll need that as well. All are downloadable from Parallax. Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on the Resources tab. You'll get a list of links. Nuts and Volts Columns is useful, so save that. Use the Downloads link. The list you'll get includes Stamp Documentation and Stamps in Class Downloads. The first will give you the manual. The second will give you a list of all tutorials including the one I suggested. Another tutorial, "Robotics with the BoeBot" is also helpful for teaching you about servos and their control and how to use a Stamp for robotics.
  • TitoTito Posts: 4
    edited 2009-03-17 00:47
    Where do i get the "what is a microcontroller?"
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-03-17 00:52
    Tito said...
    Where do i get the "what is a microcontroller?"
    Mike Green said...
    All are downloadable from Parallax. Go to the main Parallax webpage and click on the Resources tab...Use the Downloads link. The list you'll get includes Stamp Documentation and Stamps in Class Downloads. The first will give you the manual. The second will give you a list of all tutorials including the one I suggested.

You have to be willing to do some work. Forum members will point you in the right direction, but not give it to you on a golden platter.
  • sam_sam_samsam_sam_sam Posts: 2,286
    edited 2009-03-17 01:32
    Tito

Here is what you are looking for

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/books/edu/Wamv2_2.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ··Thanks for any·idea.gif·that you may have and all of your time finding them

·
    ·
    ·
    ·
    Sam