Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
I have no idea for this question,could anyone help me? — Parallax Forums

I have no idea for this question,could anyone help me?

AR_BAR_B Posts: 1
edited 2009-03-15 14:00 in BASIC Stamp
I deliberate it for a long time,and i am the beginer for basic stamp,here is the question:

Display the message "Please key in any number from 1 to 9 to make a LEDs on-offpattern" in debug terminal,if the input is in 1 to 9,then make a Subroutine called "PATTERN".and use the input number as the LEDs on-off pattern to turn on the corresponding LEDs and make a time delay.Repeat step 1.

Please help me![noparse][[/noparse]adore]
sad.gif

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-15 14:00
    This sounds like the same homework problem that another person had recently. You might browse the forums for their message.

You need to work through the exercises in the "What's a Microcontroller?" tutorial (here: www.parallax.com/tabid/535/Default.aspx) and you'll need a copy of the "BASIC Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual" (here: www.parallax.com/tabid/440/Default.aspx).

You would use the DEBUG statement to display any messages and the DEBUGIN statement to get the answer. Typically, the HIGH and LOW statements would be used to turn an LED on and off (or off and on depending on how you connected it) and the PAUSE statement would provide a time delay. Look these up in the manual.