Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Homework board hosed? — Parallax Forums

Homework board hosed?

Ultra7Ultra7 Posts: 11
edited 2009-03-12 21:57 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hello, just picked up the "What is a microcontroller" Kit with the homework board from Rad Shack.
Hooked up everything, plugged in the battery, and did the first two experiments, and poof, I think the board is hosed.

The battery still has juice (8.75VDC), but the light doesn't come on any more.
It will flash if you press the reset button, but does not stay lit.
Also when trying to load in the PBASIC code, I get an error saying something to the fact of, Error- Binary ) or - expected.

I'm at work right now and the board is on my bench at the house, otherwise I'd give the exact error.
I'd expect the light to stay lit at least.

Is it hosed, or did I just screw up the program?

Comments

• Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-03-12 19:21
    Hi Ultra7,

Which activities are you referring to? Have you wired any circuits or are you running the programs in Chapter #1: Getting Started? From the error you are describing, it appears to be an issue with your code. That error appears when the command used is expecting a binary operator, but an operator that requires more than two arguments is used. If you post the code you're trying to run, we can pinpoint the exact problem in the code.

Thanks!

Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.

Post Edited (Jessica Uelmen (Parallax)) : 3/12/2009 7:27:17 PM GMT
  • Ultra7Ultra7 Posts: 11
    edited 2009-03-12 20:11
    I was doing the 11 x 7 one, but I think I forgot the commas after the CR.
    Hard to really do the code thing till I get home, but if the code being bad can cause the light to be off, then I'll just double check it.
    I bet that's what it was.

Thanks for the prompt answer.

Mike
  • Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-03-12 21:57
    Hi Mike,

The light on the HomeWork Board actually only turns on if there is a program running. If a program is finished executing, the light will turn off even if power is still connected to the board. So in your case, when the program compiles and runs, the light will turn on until the program is finished executing.

Hope this helps!

Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.