Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Electric Speed controller for MABUCHI motor (180) — Parallax Forums

Electric Speed controller for MABUCHI motor (180)

huynhhuynh Posts: 16
edited 2009-03-10 06:16 in BASIC Stamp
I am looking for a ESC for MABuchi motor (180). The motor is brush type. I need to control the speed of two rotors, I am thinking about one ESC for such a task like that.

It's my honor to have any suggestion. I had found one option: GWS ESC400, but it only can control 1 motor.

Thanks,

Pthien,

Comments

• Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2009-03-07 04:54
    huynh,

Without the specific requirements of your motor, it's hard to give an educated answer. A "MABuchi motor (180)" doesn't tell me much. Have you looked at our HB25 Motor controller?

www.parallax.com/Store/Microcontrollers/BASICStampModules/tabid/134/txtSearch/HB25/List/1/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.
  • roadrunner3groadrunner3g Posts: 36
    edited 2009-03-08 11:11
    it looks like the GWS ESC400 is an aircraft ESC. just make sure it doesn't have "smart start" or it will not work! try using one foe ground vehicles and it should work fine. if it is for something that flies then you will need 2 controllers and a giro. you may need to disconnect the red wire on one of the 3pin plugs when using 2 ESCs. and don't forget the 20ms rule for the pulsout command, it is the same as for servos.
  • huynhhuynh Posts: 16
    edited 2009-03-10 03:29
    HB-25 Motor Controller is great! But it is rather big, I need some thing that small enough. My micro coaxial helicopter can not sustain with such additional of weight like that. Thank you for your suggestion Beau Schwabe.

Pthien
  • Beau SchwabeBeau Schwabe Posts: 6,559
    edited 2009-03-10 06:16
    huynh,

Sorry, I realized later what kind of controller you were after.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Beau Schwabe

IC Layout Engineer
    Parallax, Inc.