Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help on stamp for macbook — Parallax Forums

Help on stamp for macbook

Pablo  MartosPablo Martos Posts: 14
edited 2009-06-02 20:39 in BASIC Stamp
i just bought the discovery kit from parrallax, i have a macbook, am i limited to the things i can do with the kit? i am trying to measure the pitch and roll, with an accelerometer, i have all the parts, the kit came wih a software cd, but its all for windows, am i stuck??

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-06 13:51
    There is a very nice Mac version of the Stamp Editor written by a 3rd party. The link is here: www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx. Make sure you install the current version of the USB to serial adapter driver from FTDI: www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

I think the only thing that's missing is support for the BS1 and BS2px models of the Stamp and the ability to input to the Stamp from the debug window. DEBUG output works fine and you can use a terminal emulator program like ZTerm to provide both input and output if you need that.

Post Edited (Mike Green) : 3/6/2009 1:56:39 PM GMT
  • Craig PaulCraig Paul Posts: 7
    edited 2009-06-02 20:18
    Does any one know how do you get the DEBUG CRSRXY commands to work on the terminal program. I have tried many different types.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-06-02 20:30
    What terminal program? The cursor positioning commands are specific to the Stamp Editor. I think MacBS2 accepts them, but other terminal programs would not. The DEBUG statement is just a special format of the SEROUT statement for convenience in debugging. It could output pretty much any cursor positioning control sequences. What does the documentation for your terminal program say?
  • Craig PaulCraig Paul Posts: 7
    edited 2009-06-02 20:39
    Mike
    The documentation for the MacBS2 says use a terminal program to accept inputs from the Boe-Bot. MacBS2 does not accept inputs. So I have tried ZTerm, goserial and a number of others, I can receive input OK from them, but I can not position the input with the CRSRXY.