Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RFID — Parallax Forums

RFID

Rutcgr18Rutcgr18 Posts: 47
edited 2009-03-16 19:48 in BASIC Stamp
So i just picked up a usb RFID reader of the parallax website.· I dont even know where to start. How do i wire the reader to the stamp.· I do have the education board. Can anyone point me in to the right direction.·
Thanks
mike

Comments

• SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-03-05 03:54
    Look on the product page: you'll see a PDF file that has all the information that you need, including the hookup diagram and some sample BS2 code.
  • Rutcgr18Rutcgr18 Posts: 47
    edited 2009-03-05 04:01
    it looks like it will only work with serial not usb?
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-03-05 04:38
    The RFID Reader comes in two models…one that is designed strictly for use with a PC (The USB version) and a serial version which is designed to work with microcontrollers. If you’re planning on using a BASIC Stamp you’ll want the serial version. Take care.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • ultimateremedyultimateremedy Posts: 29
    edited 2009-03-16 18:51
    Hi all

I have RFID-USB (and can't buy serial soon). is there any possibility i can use it with BS2? any USB interface if i make to connect it with BS? Please help.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    An hour's contemplation is better than a year's adoration.
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-03-16 18:59
    Read the post right above yours, it explains the issue.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • ultimateremedyultimateremedy Posts: 29
    edited 2009-03-16 19:03
    I've already. But may be there's something. isn't there any usb interface for the BS2? may be that can resolve the issue.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    An hour's contemplation is better than a year's adoration.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-16 19:48
    The USB interface on the BS2 Board of Education is a slave-only interface and can't be used to plug in other devices. You'll either have to wait until you can get a serial RFID reader or somehow modify your existing USB RFID reader. I wouldn't recommend that. It's not designed to be modifiable.