Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
reprogramm the basic stamp 2? — Parallax Forums

reprogramm the basic stamp 2?

mokmok Posts: 1
edited 2009-03-24 03:12 in BASIC Stamp
Haiiiiii.......Do you know how to reprogramm the basic stamp 2 chip.i hope you can give the advise

Post Edited By Moderator (Joshua Donelson (Parallax)) : 3/4/2009 12:50:13 AM GMT

Comments

• Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-03-02 05:54
    This message is off topic in the Propeller forum and is being moved to the BASIC Stamp forum. Please use the pencil icon to the top right of the message to add a descriptive subject line to your message so others will know what help you seek.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • Carl HayesCarl Hayes Posts: 841
    edited 2009-03-02 06:03
    Not meaning to be eristic, Chris, but leaving out a subject means everyone reads the post.· Isn't that an advantage for the poster?· But I agree it's a disservice to those who browse.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i@arrl.net
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-03-02 06:16
    mok,
    What do you mean by "reprogram the basic stamp 2 chip"? There is a Stamp Editor which is an Editor / Compiler / Downloader and is available for Windows with 3rd party versions for the MacOS and Linux. Most people use this for programming with a Stamp. It can be downloaded from Parallax (www.parallax.com/tabid/441/Default.aspx).
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-03-02 14:18
    Carl Hayes said...
    Not meaning to be eristic, Chris, but leaving out a subject means everyone reads the post.· Isn't that an advantage for the poster?· But I agree it's a disservice to those who browse.

Hi Carl,·

We want our members to be able to search for subjects related their questions and that's why we ask our members to put in a subject.· It helps make the forums a useful tool for learning.

Sincerely,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-03-02 18:51
    Carl Hayes said...

Carl,

·· I respectfully disagree.· Many people scan the forums looking for subject lines that interest them or that they have knowledge about.· (No Subject) is not of particular interest to many of these members.· According to the many posts in the past covering the subject of forum etiquette many forum members believe that if a poster isn't willing to take the time to give a useful subject then the message may not deserve attention.· To that end we encourage members to provide this information to make it easier for those that would help them.· Of course, there is also the fact that·a descriptive subject·is a requirement as per our forum guidelines.· =)· Please see the following link.· Take care.

http://forums.parallax.com/showthread.php?p=467912

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering
  • Kenny GardnerKenny Gardner Posts: 169
    edited 2009-03-02 19:35
    Top Level Posts should always have a subject. The Forum software is at fault for allowing an empty subject in the first place.

Kenny

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Kenny Gardner

GAP Development Company

http://www.gapdev.com/
    edited 2009-03-02 19:52
    Of course every thread should have a subject clearly stated. Most have subjects, which is good. A small minority even have them clearly stated, which is outstandingly good. But forgive me -- I was teasing a little.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i@arrl.net

Post Edited (Carl Hayes) : 3/2/2009 11:48:40 PM GMT
    edited 2009-03-03 04:16
    Incidentally, I imagine that the software for the Forums is under your control (well, under the control of someone at Parallax.· Why not make the software require a subject line?· If it's omitted, open a dialog that demands one.

Wouldn't that be easier in the long run than reminding people two or three times a day until the Sun grows cold?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i@arrl.net
  • UghaUgha Posts: 543
    edited 2009-03-03 12:07
    From what Parallax has said in the past, they did not write the software, they bought it from someone else. It seems that support for them is no longer available and they'd have to spend
    money to hire someone to edit the software. They have stated that they'd rather spend money on developing new products and handling other important issues.

I kinda understand their point of view.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the geeks on the forum have offered to make a new forum system for Parallax yet... I'm sure that Parallax would be willing to give product or something
    as recompense.

On a side note... are comical and slightly-related subject names acceptable?
    edited 2009-03-04 00:16
    Ugha said...
    From what Parallax has said in the past, they did not write the software, they bought it from someone else. It seems that support for them is no longer available and they'd have to spend
    money to hire someone to edit the software. They have stated that they'd rather spend money on developing new products and handling other important issues.

I kinda understand their point of view.

I'm kind of surprised that none of the geeks on the forum have offered to make a new forum system for Parallax yet... I'm sure that Parallax would be willing to give product or something
    as recompense.

On a side note... are comical and slightly-related subject names acceptable?
    Well, that makes sense, but it would be a one-time expenditure of resources [noparse][[/noparse]people], while the lack of it is a continuing expense.· Were it in my own area of competence, I'd offer to do it gratis, but it isn't.· Alas.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    · -- Carl, nn5i@arrl.net
  • StormKing09StormKing09 Posts: 29
    edited 2009-03-24 03:12
    Kenny Gardner said...
    Top Level Posts should always have a subject. The Forum software is at fault for allowing an empty subject in the first place.

Kenny

He has a good point, y'know. don'tcha think so carl?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔