Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spy Gear - Spy Video Car - Controlled by Propeller using 4066 Quad Analog Switch — Parallax Forums

Spy Gear - Spy Video Car - Controlled by Propeller using 4066 Quad Analog Switch

Bruno D.Bruno D. Posts: 1
edited 2010-07-28 01:50 in Propeller 1
I wish to control a "Spy Gear - Spy Video Car" with the Propeller.

In order to electrically protect the Propeller, i·use a 4066 Quad Analog Switch (Motorola MC14066B). (See attached file for partial shematics)

The HighLand Electronics Co. "RX2" Chip and 4066 are powered by the·SpyVideoCar internal 3 volts regulator.

The Propeller will have it's own 5 volts regulated power supply (7805A).

The Propeller Pin 12 will connect to the 4066 Pin Control 2 with a 10K resistor using an RJ12 phone connector.

My problem is to figure out :

1) How to keep the 4066 Pin Control·2 to ground when the propeller is not connected ?
2) How to be sure the Propeller is well protected, do i need diode or else· ?
3) Since i have 3 volts and 3.3 volts circuit connecting together, do i have to do extra precaution ?
4)·The car·emit 2.4 GHz video signal inches from my little dautherboard and Proppeller how to·RF shield (do i need one)·?

Thanks

Bruno

Comments

• StefanL38StefanL38 Posts: 2,292
    edited 2009-02-25 16:51
    Hello Bruno,

1.) use a Pull-Down-resistor
    2.) well protected against what ? The propeller is a 3.3V-device. Why do you want to connect the prop-chip to 5V ?
    if the 4066 is supplied by 3V this will be enough for the propchip too.
    3.) The Propchip works properly between 2.7V and 3,3V so it will work well at 3.0V
    4.) depends on what you want to do. For low-frequency digital signals you need much less RF-shielding than for using two prop-pins
    as a sigma-delta adc at 12 bit resolution

best regards

Stefan
  • KokovecKokovec Posts: 14
    edited 2009-02-28 21:13
    I've fried a few Prop I/O ports by forgetting to insert a resistor between the 4066 control pin and the Prop.
    This is especially true if the 4066 is using a supply higher than 3.3V.

In your case I don't see a problem since everything seems to have a 3V supply.
  • freddyrfreddyr Posts: 1
    edited 2010-07-28 01:50
    I made a custom spy video car and I just used an RC car and attached a small mini spy camera which is also a webcam.
    It can record video and audio up to 3.2 hours.

This is what I used: spy gear camera

I had fun with it and since the camera is also a webcam, I can see the video live on my computer smile.gif

I just clipped on the front bumper on my RC car.[noparse][[/noparse]url]

Post Edited (freddyr) : 7/28/2010 1:54:58 AM GMT