Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Stamp woes — Parallax Forums

Stamp woes

Stamp ManStamp Man Posts: 6
edited 2009-02-21 17:37 in BASIC Stamp
I have been using the BS2 OEM module and a BS2e module in a home monitoring project. The code I wrote uses RCtime command to measure temperature changes. Both have worked fine. Until now. I don't know what I did but neither are working. I was getting a "EEPROM verify failure" on the BS2e module, now I am getting "No stamp found" for both.... I have checked the RS232 connection, the COM port, and PS and all looks as it should. I am obviously missing something.

My question is, what can I check (with my scope/or meter) that will confirm that either module has been zapped? For an example, I see a pulse train on pin 8 of the BS2 module.. any suggestions?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-02-21 14:59
    Really the only test for a functioning Stamp that's straightforward is to plug it into a known good board / cable / power supply and see if it will identify itself to the Stamp Editor. The processor on the Stamp has to be working for this to succeed since the identification process is an active exchange of information between the Stamp and the PC. For the OEM module, that's a bit harder. You may have a bad solder connection that finally separated. If you see some kind of activity on an I/O pin, that implies that most of the module is working, but doesn't give you any specific information otherwise.
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2009-02-21 15:28
    Do you have "good power", +5V·is +5V?
  • Stamp ManStamp Man Posts: 6
    edited 2009-02-21 15:47
    Yes. I use a LM7805 for both. I also see, in the screen that that 'loopback' was 'yes'. I am assuming this verifies the com link?
  • PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2009-02-21 15:54
    These are two separately powered ckts, one with an OEM and the other with a 2e?·

Do the 7805s run from the same power source?

Voltmeter verified?

Loopback Yes = cable connected.
  • Stamp ManStamp Man Posts: 6
    edited 2009-02-21 17:37
    I have tested each separately...Yes 4.89v
    What is irritating about this is that both worked fine. I can't see anything that I might have done to cause this...obviously I did something!