Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Basic Stamp IDE 2.4.2 formatting — Parallax Forums

Basic Stamp IDE 2.4.2 formatting

JeffaJeffa Posts: 80
edited 2009-02-22 02:28 in BASIC Stamp
Is there a way to setup the IDE for some automatic formating of .bs2 code? That is for instance if I enter say something like a for next loop can it be configured to indent and format such that when I end the for loop with the next statement the 'end' statement would be automagically aligned with the 'for' statement?

If not then is it possible to call and external editor with the IDE such as jedit or programmers editor? Or pipe the output from an editor into the IDE?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
---

Jeff Albrecht - jeffa
jeffa@iea-software.com

---
"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that know binary and those that do not."
·

Comments

• Bruce BatesBruce Bates Posts: 3,045
    edited 2009-02-20 08:52
    Jeffa -

I tend to use the TAB key, which works quite well after I've set the proper "stops" where I want the formatting.

Regards,

Bruce Bates

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    When all else fails, try inserting a new battery.
  • SRLMSRLM Posts: 5,045
    edited 2009-02-20 09:04
    Nope. You just have to do it yourself.
  • JeffaJeffa Posts: 80
    edited 2009-02-21 22:03
    I have a propeller that I just got going last night. Reading the docs now. The editor in it's IDE is much nicer about formating.· :-)

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    ---

Jeff Albrecht - jeffa
    jeffa@iea-software.com

---
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that know binary and those that do not."
    ·
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-02-22 02:28
    Just remember with the propeller you NEED to have the formatting. Indents mean something in spin.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen