Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
BOE-Bot Code Help! — Parallax Forums

BOE-Bot Code Help!

SPMexSPMex Posts: 1
edited 2009-02-20 18:13 in BASIC Stamp
Can some one help me write a simple code? Im new to my Robotics Tem and dont know much about programing in C or C++
To make long story short my Robotics Teacher made me program the Science Olympiad BOE-bot for some reason. Acording to the sicence olympiad teacher I got to make the wheels go certain Revs, the revs the teacher needs it to go. so i need to be able to change it anytime.

' {$STAMP BS2}
' {$PBASIC 2.0}

REVS····· VAR BYTE
···· REVS =·20······ '·twenty complete revolutions

Thats my code but its not working mad.gif

So if some one can help me with this I would really apreciate it smilewinkgrin.gif THANKS!!!

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-02-20 05:03
    A couple of things ...

1) This is Basic, not C or C++. It's a particular version of Basic specifically for programming the Parallax Stamps.

2) No one here will write the program for you, but we will offer advice. To help you with that, you need to tell us what you do understand about your project.

3) Make sure you've downloaded (or have a paper copy) of two tutorials from Parallax, the "What's a Microcontroller?" and "Robotics with the BOE-BOT". You can find them here: www.parallax.com/tabid/535/Default.aspx. Start reading them ... now.
  • Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-02-20 05:07
    Read the portion of the Robotics tutorial that talks about servo motors. These are the motors on the BOE-BOT and you need to understand at least the basics of how they work and how a microcontroller like the Stamp can control their direction and speed.

The Stamp can only control the direction and speed of the motors. How would that translate into number of revolutions. What else would your Stamp have to know to control the number of revolutions of the motor (and the wheel attached to it)?
  • pdiefendpdiefend Posts: 27
    edited 2009-02-20 18:13
    If you are doing the event I think you are, the Boe-Bot is not the right size for this competition.· Also, the servos on the robot are not controlled by revolutions, but rather by pulses, and a specific number of pulses equals a revolution.· What will help·is Roboticsv2.2.pdf.· It is sold with the Boe-Bot, and it will teach you some basics of programing the Boe-Bot, so you can effectively program your robot for your competition.

Phil D