Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
EEproms with Memory Stick. — Parallax Forums

EEproms with Memory Stick.

JHRRJHRR Posts: 19
edited 2009-02-19 16:41 in BASIC Stamp
·Hello Stamp Programmer's..

·I am still working with the Thumb Drive.

·Has anyone designed code on the BS2 or SX that will download information from EEproms to the Thumb Drive.

·would very much appreciate any help that you can give me.

·JHRR....

·02/18/09

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-02-18 16:52
    You won't find "ready-made" code for copying information from EEPROMs to a Thumb Drive, partly because the format of the information could vary widely. There is sample code for writing arbitrary data to a Thumb Drive (using the Memory Stick Datalogger or other Vinculum-based device) and the Basic Manual shows how to read data from the EEPROM using READ statements. Since the Datalogger uses serial I/O, it's not very different to use it for writing than it is to use an LCD display or the debug window in the Stamp Editor. You could even develop your EEPROM reading and display formatting routines using the debug window and serial port #16, then add the Datalogger routines to set up and finish up after writing and substitute the serial port (I/O pin) used for the Datalogger.
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2009-02-19 06:42
    Hi JHRR, here is an example (16K ROM) (2K EEPROM ) I have from a while ago. It uses I2C so a Stamp supporting that instruction would be needed . I used the Parallax documentation and information in an article on Tracey Allen's web site ( http://www.emesystems.com ). I have cut some irrelevant information from the file but left in some lines that calculate a checksum for each packet transmitted. What's going on might not seem obvious but if you refer to the two articles I mentioned you should be able to figure it out

Jeff T.

Post Edited (Unsoundcode) : 2/19/2009 2:46:27 PM GMT
  • JHRRJHRR Posts: 19
    edited 2009-02-19 13:18
    ·Thanks Jeff T:

········· This is very good information for This application. You and Mr. Mgreen have been very helpful.

·········· I very much appreciate this. I will post the code when I am finished and maybe other programmer's can use

·········· This ifnormation. I have the Thumb drive routine worked out and I am just trying to relate this to storage for

··········· "EEproms"...

··········· Thanks again.

············ JHHR....
  • UnsoundcodeUnsoundcode Posts: 1,532
    edited 2009-02-19 14:50
    HI, I corrected an error where I said 16K ROM when it should have been 2K EEPROM. When I tested this I did like Mike Green suggests and printed to the debug screen then later to a disk file. It was part of a short exercise in cloning PBasic programs between OEM modules.

Jeff T.
  • JHRRJHRR Posts: 19
    edited 2009-02-19 16:41
    Hello Jeff T:

I received your correction on the Forum. This is very helpful, and I think you for you're time

and effort...

JHRR