Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Slow Servos with BS2 & PS2 Controller — Parallax Forums

Slow Servos with BS2 & PS2 Controller

wheetuswheetus Posts: 1
edited 2009-02-18 03:53 in BASIC Stamp
Good morning,

I am currently building a robot for a university project and I am having certain issues controlling it. I'm using the following board/servo configuration

Board of Education

BS2PX Basic STAMP

2x Parallax (Futaba) Continuous Rotation Servos
www.parallax.com/Store/Robots/RoboticComponents/tabid/198/txtSearch/servo/List/1/ProductID/102/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName%2cProductName

2x GWS S35 Continuous motion servo
www.pololu.com/catalog/product/948

And I'm using a PS2 wireless controller to control everything. The controller works great.

My problem is this: The GWS Servos are rated at a higher rotational speed than the Parallax servos, at least on paper. The parallax servo, however, is running significantly faster than the GWS, even without load on it. Neither of them are running particularly fast either. I was wondering if anyone had dealt with the GWS servos and, if so, they had any recommendations on a course of action to improve my servos performance.

For reference, I've attached the code that I'm sending to the board. Pin 12 and 13 are the servos (1 parallax, 1 GWS for comparison purposes.)

I appreciate all of the help that you offer.

Comments

• MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2009-02-18 03:53
    · I can't speak for GWS S35 servos as a whole but my set are definitely slower than the Parallax models you mention.· I did the same experiment and the my Parallax servos·are·about 20% faster.· I'm not aware of any hobby size continuous rotation servos that are really all that fast.