Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial Communication — Parallax Forums

Serial Communication

SANSAN Posts: 29
edited 2009-02-16 23:54 in BASIC Stamp
Hi!
I want send & Receive data through Serial port using Basic Stamp 2 with out using the port 16. How will I do the program and connection?
How we can use Accelarometer Sensor for tilt measurement ?
I want yo build micro mouse using Basic Stamp can you help me to write program and making?

Comments

• Mike GreenMike Green Posts: 23,101
    edited 2009-02-16 19:28
    You can use any I/O pin(s) for a serial port. Read the PBasic manual chapters on SERIN and SEROUT. They show how to hook things up and how to write the statements.

Have you read the documentation for an Accelerometer? What don't you understand in the documentation?

What do you mean by a "build a micro mouse"? If you're asking whether we can help with specific questions or suggestions, particularly about the use of a Stamp, yes, we can probably help. If you're asking whether there's a design already developed and tested, no, I don't think so. You will have to do your own research and development there.
  • SANSAN Posts: 29
    edited 2009-02-16 19:41
    Thank you sir.
    I will check the Acc. sensor and if I will face any problem I will reply.
    Acctually, I want to know the algo. for micro mouse.
  • JDJD Posts: 570
    edited 2009-02-16 23:41
    SAN,

Just in case you do not have the BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual that Mr. Green suggested to reference, there is a link below to·the PDF. It is a free download or if you want a hard copy,·you could go that route to.

Once you refer to the datasheet for the sensor you want to use; you can see how to implement a SERIN or SEROUT command, or·perhaps a·SHIFTIN or SHIFTOUT protocol; which is typically indicated with a clock, data and chip select pins as apposed to setting a baud rate.

I hope this helps,

BASIC Stamp Syntax & Reference Manual [noparse][[/noparse] 2.2 ]:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/stamps/web-BSM-v2.2.pdf

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Joshua Donelson

www.parallax.com
  • sylvie369sylvie369 Posts: 1,622
    edited 2009-02-16 23:54
    You'll also find quite a bit about using an accelerometer as a tilt sensor in the Smart Sensors text, available online.

www.parallax.com/Store/Books/EducationalTexts/tabid/181/List/0/CategoryID/66/Level/a/Default.aspx?SortField=ProductName,ProductName