Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Serial/WIFI Issue — Parallax Forums

Serial/WIFI Issue

SimpleC TechSimpleC Tech Posts: 2
edited 2009-02-19 16:50 in BASIC Stamp
Hello All,

·Very new to Pbasic Programming.

·Perhaps someone on this board can help. I'm trying to use my Basic Stamp 2 module as a simple·LED type switch. I would like to send a remote signal to it and make either one LED flash and one stop, or send another signal to it and make the other LED flash and the other stop.

·Biggest issue I'm having right now is the fact that I'd like this module to be controlled by a serial to Wi-FI convertor. I cannot program this device remotely using the WI-FI convertor. However I can echo to it and recieve flawless echo using the debug function so I know that the BS2 module can send/recieve data... just unable to program it using the Basic Stamp Program.

·Is there any program or way I can·program the BS2 module locally, then place it on the WI-FI convertor and use some other program/protocol to send it a signal to it and make the switch?...

Any help would be appreciated...

Comments

• UghaUgha Posts: 543
    edited 2009-02-13 21:20
    If I understand what your asking, this is absolutely possible.

However, we need more info on the wi-fi setup... can you provide a make and model, or a datasheet?
  • SimpleC TechSimpleC Tech Posts: 2
    edited 2009-02-16 17:46
    E-Net Serial to WiFi Convertor... using DStool for software...

http://www.usconverters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66&products_id=216
  • kevin asatokevin asato Posts: 4
    edited 2009-02-19 16:50
    Ever consider using Bluetooth? I have a Linksys Bluetooth (serial and other protocol) adapter for my PC. It's good for 100meters (Class 1). At the Stamp end, Parallax has a Bluetooth Appmod that seems signal level compatible with with Stamp. I haven't tried it so I cannot comment on how well it works.

What I have used is a Bluetooth DB-9 Serial Port Dongle (SerialIO, but it seems there are other vendors for the exact same product). Signal levels are RS-232 which you will need to convert back down to TTL. I just happen to use it as I also use it for work. What I like about it is that it, too, will communicate out to 100meters like the Linksys. This is good as I tend to work in high noise environments (electrical and audio) so it allows me to work in quieter areas.

kevin
    kc6pob