Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
RCTIME and PAUSE — Parallax Forums

RCTIME and PAUSE

ChuckCChuckC Posts: 3
edited 2009-02-10 20:05 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Before RCTIME is invoked, the standard appears to be a PAUSE 1. I went up to PAUSE 100 and the values were still climbing.

Is PAUSE 1 (1 ms) the standard for RCTIME? Does RCTIME only measure discharge where the charge is controlled by that PAUSE statement?

Thanks.

Comments

• rme_2001rme_2001 Posts: 7
    edited 2009-02-10 10:40
    Just trying to help, maybe i'm saying obvious stuff:

Normally RCTIME is used to measure the time it takes for the voltage to drop below the 1.4V (BS2) threshold, this usually means a capacitor is incorporated in the circuit.

The ammount of ms you pause after setting the pin to high totally depends on the time it takes your capacitor to charge, that relates to its capacity, smaller capacitors need less time to charge
    My 1u capacitor uses a pause of 10ms to charge, tho i totally typed that one over from the text, so it could be less is enough to charge it.

So the duration of the pause would be dependand on how long a high is needed to charge the capacitor in your circuit.

I'm still very new to this all, but i hope this helps you.
  • Chris SavageChris Savage Parallax Engineering Posts: 14,406
    edited 2009-02-10 20:05
    Chuck, this really should have been posted in your other thread since you're still on the same subject.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Chris Savage
    Parallax Engineering