Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Hctl 2001-A00 — Parallax Forums

Hctl 2001-A00

VbGuruVbGuru Posts: 35
edited 2009-03-12 02:40 in BASIC Stamp
I cannot for the life of me get this chip to work again. I played with it a while back and it kind of worked. I had an 8mhz oscillator hooked up to it and it asks for a 14mhz. I got a 14mhz and wired the chip back up to my BS2 and the darn thing doesnt work. Anyone see anything im missing?· Here is the only code i could find. I think its all correct but if its not im not seeing what is wrong.

Nut shell ( I could be wrong....)
1)· 8 bit interface. chip data·pins in order· 1,15,14,13,12,11,10,9.
2) chip pins 6,7 are the quadrature singals.
3) power is· vss=8, vdd=16
4) chip pin 2 is clock to the the oscillator.
5) chip pins 3,4,5 are contol lines.
6) to get the date from the Chip you need to:
·············· ·············· SEL············· OE·········
················· 1.)········· L················ L················· set inhibit: read high byte
················· 2.)········· H················ L················ Read low byte: start reset
················· 3.)········· X················ H················ Complete inhibit logic reset

attached are my program and·the pdf of the chip

Comments

• VbGuruVbGuru Posts: 35
    edited 2009-03-12 02:40
    Ok, a month has gone by and I have made some progress. I have the HCTL chip counting with the basic stamp. I have an all new commented code, and some questions for those of you who understand this a lot better than me.
    ·
    1. The variables are "WORDS" which are 16-bit and should be able to count to 65K. the code that I have will only count to 4095 (12-bit).
    ·
    2. When the code is run how its posted it will count up to 4095 and loop back to zero. It will also count down to zero and loop back up to 4095. I need it to be able to count below zero. "DELTA" will debug as a negative, what's keeping my total from doing the same?
    ·