Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
XOUT Command? — Parallax Forums

XOUT Command?

Dan TaylorDan Taylor Posts: 207
edited 2009-02-08 16:44 in BASIC Stamp
I am wondering what the XOUT command is for?
I have read the BASIC Stamp Syntax and Reference Manual's explenation over and over but I still don't get it.

Can someone explain it in more simpler terms?

What even is a X-10 power-line?
Thanks!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Dan Taylor

Comments

• PJAllenPJAllen Banned Posts: 5,065
    edited 2009-02-07 20:07
    X10 modules are used for home automation, little modules that can be used to switch table lamps and so on.

http://www.x10.com/homepage.htm
  • Dan TaylorDan Taylor Posts: 207
    edited 2009-02-07 21:13
    I am still a little confused...

How can I begin to use them? Is there a plug that I can "log onto"· :\

I have read the part of BASIC Stamp Syntax and Referance·Manel and··There is a schematic on page 466, figure 5.48, what is that connecting to?

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dan Taylor
  • MrBi11MrBi11 Posts: 117
    edited 2009-02-07 21:31
    you need an x10 interface module [noparse][[/noparse]and modules for the items you want to control]

interface is available Here

other control modules and cameras can be seen at X10's website

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Smile ... It increases your face value!
  • rixterrixter Posts: 95
    edited 2009-02-08 16:44
    Interesting story in X-10:

I experimented with X-10 a couple of years ago when I first got into BASIC Stamps as I've had X-10 components in one form or another in my home for many years. This technology for using house wiring to activate modules plugged into A/C outlets has been around for a while. I got my original modules in the late 70s sold under the BSR brand in a local department store. In more recent years I have gotten modules and security related components from Radio Shack, who I believe still carries some stuff, although you can't get the interface from them. I even have some with General Electric labels. There are some examples of programmers who have concocted extravagant house Christmas light displays using this technology. When I started playing with rapidly blinking lights on and off in my home however, my alarm system went off. I never researched that issue any further as a reduction in the frequency in my loop resolved the issue. You can also get a module that can activate a switch and other cool things when you send an XOUT command to it. This is "Universal Module" model UM506.

Rick