Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Help w Basic Stamp for Product Design Thesis - Using graphic display and button — Parallax Forums

Help w Basic Stamp for Product Design Thesis - Using graphic display and button

jbrettjbrett Posts: 2
edited 2009-02-09 02:19 in BASIC Stamp
So I've designed a product that helps people keep track of their exercise. I've determined I need a graphic display module (a monotone matrix display), one button, and three LED lights all controlled by a basic stamp.

The product displays three different sets of information: DAILY RESULTS, MONTHLY AVERAGE, WHAT TO DO NEXT

The user scrolls through these 3 different sets with one button, each time they change to a new set the screen is updated with new information and a different LED is lit up back-lighting the title of the set, e.g. "DAILY RESULTS"

Basically I just want a working demo for my senior show, so far I'm not taking any input besides the scroll button

I've never done any work with Parallax stuff, I just know basic C++, so I'm not sure whether I want to do this myself

So I'm looking for somewhere to start. Are there professionals I could pay to help me complete my thesis and do the programming?

Also, any suggestions on good places to get graphic displays that work well with the Basic Stamp, as well as LEDs and a button mechanism?

HUGELY APPRECIATE your responses [noparse]:)[/noparse]

Comments