Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Problem with Emic Text-to-Speech SIP Module — Parallax Forums

Problem with Emic Text-to-Speech SIP Module

julius.meinljulius.meinl Posts: 6
edited 2009-02-03 18:32 in BASIC Stamp
Hi,
i'm a new user there and I have a little problem with Emic Text-to-Speech SIP Module (Female). confused.gif
I can't hear any voice from the speaker (only fast "pyk" in the begining and the end). so the question is: what speaker i need to this circuit ? ( now i have a piezo-speaker from Boe-bot )
when I plug in the circuit to oscylocope i see only straight lines ( no any modulation ! ) so i think there is something wrong in circuit.
I have second question about filter circuit from P7 to EMIC AIN. is there a 47k resistor , no 470 ? (yes, I know, 47K is on the schedule)
I used source code from parallax page.

Thanks for all
confused.gif

Comments

• dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-02-03 15:29
    You need to use an 8 ohm speaker for the Emic text to Speech module.· How do you have this set up?· What controller are you using?

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • julius.meinljulius.meinl Posts: 6
    edited 2009-02-03 16:54
    So the piezo-speaker from boe-bot components are good or not ?

I built circiut from this instruction:
    http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downloads/docs/prod/audiovis/EmicModules.pdf

I'm using BASIC STAMP 2P24.

sorry for this not so advanced question, but I'm a beginner electronics blush.gif (I'm a student of electrotechnics from Poland)
    edited 2009-02-03 17:14
    You cannot use the piezo speaker with the Emic Text Speech module.· You have to
    use a 8 ohm speaker as specified with the module.· Let me check on the 47K resistor and I respond back in about an hour or two.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
    edited 2009-02-03 18:11
    The 47K ohm resistor is there to match the impedance of the filter.· 47K ohm is the correct value.

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·
  • julius.meinljulius.meinl Posts: 6
    edited 2009-02-03 18:32
    Thank you for your help

Best regards from Poland smile.gif