Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Regarding TCS230 — Parallax Forums

Regarding TCS230

thavathava Posts: 17
edited 2009-04-08 13:14 in Learn with BlocklyProp
Hi Everyone,
I am Thava and im currently stuck with my final project leading to few very important questions where i cant really find any solutions, so someone out there please help me.
First of all:-
-What is actually a spectral responsitivity?
-What is actually linear arrays?
-Do TCS230 really need LED support?
-Do TCS230 really need a filter something like Hoya C500?

Thank you, I am really stuck with this problem.

Comments

• Jessica UelmenJessica Uelmen Posts: 490
    edited 2009-02-03 17:16
    Hello Thava,

If you look at the product page for the TCS230, you can find the documentation for the color sensor module, as well as demo code. Reading through these documents should help you answer your last two questions.

As for spectral responsivity and linear arrays, if you do a simple google search for each of these topics, you should find an abundance of websites that will explain both topics.

Happy Developing!

Jessica

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Jessica Uelmen
    Education Department
    Parallax, Inc.
  • thavathava Posts: 17
    edited 2009-02-03 17:30
    hi Jessica, Thanks for your reply and i will go through it.
  • boulaboula Posts: 1
    edited 2009-03-26 01:43
    hi everyone,
    i am doing my capstone project and i have to build a device to be mounted on a hat. it should detect head motion and operate an mp3 player(for example a movement to the right will play the music while a movement to the left should stop it). i m planning on using a 3-axis accelerometer with basic stamp...
    i need to get a response only for the slow movements of the head so the basic stamp have to compare the output to a threshold.i have no idea how should i write the program.
    anyone can help

Post Edited (boula) : 3/27/2009 2:22:40 AM GMT
  • Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi)Phil Pilgrim (PhiPi) Posts: 23,514
    edited 2009-03-27 05:18
    boula,

You will get more help if you start a new thread, since your topic is completely unrelated to the topic in this thread.

-Phil
  • dandreaedandreae Posts: 1,375
    edited 2009-04-08 13:14
    boula said...
    hi everyone,
    i am doing my capstone project and i have to build a device to be mounted on a hat. it should detect head motion and operate an mp3 player(for example a movement to the right will play the music while a movement to the left should stop it). i m planning on using a 3-axis accelerometer with basic stamp...
    i need to get a response only for the slow movements of the head so the basic stamp have to compare the output to a threshold.i have no idea how should i write the program.
    anyone can help
    This is a great project.· Can you please start a new thread in the BASIC Stamp forum?

Thanks,

Dave

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    Dave Andreae

Parallax Tech Support·