Shop OBEX P1 Docs P2 Docs Learn Events
Spin Around to no end... Go Forwards!!! I am your Master!!! — Parallax Forums

Spin Around to no end... Go Forwards!!! I am your Master!!!

EzsynnEzsynn Posts: 119
edited 2009-02-01 08:49 in BASIC Stamp
Here is the code.

DO
 PULSOUT 13, 650
 PULSOUT 14, 650
LOOP

END

This code is meant to make the BOE-BOT move forwards. But instead. The right servo spins forwards and the left spins backwards. My BOE-BOT isn't moving the way I want it to.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
BWIN ON DA POWAH WIFIN U!!!

Comments

• MikerocontrollerMikerocontroller Posts: 310
    edited 2009-01-31 05:07
    · Think about it.· The servos are facing away from each other.· If you sat them side by side on a desk they would both rotate in the same direction.· Now install them in your Boe Bot and you see why one must rotate in the opposite direction in order to go forward.· Try changing one of the PULSOUT statements from 650 to 850 and see what happens.· If it goes backwards you can figure out what to do.· Just remember they must rotate opposite of each other in order to go forward or backward.·· You must also put a pause inside that loop for proper servo timing.· Try something like PAUSE 20 or PAUSE 18.· You should read up on the required servo pulse requirements.

Post Edited (Mikerocontroller) : 1/31/2009 5:14:03 AM GMT
  • FranklinFranklin Posts: 4,747
    edited 2009-01-31 19:40
    You really need to get, read and follow the manual until you understand the basics. Please do.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    - Stephen
  • MovieMakerMovieMaker Posts: 502
    edited 2009-02-01 01:25
    I think that you need to follow the calibration procedures. They are on page 68 of Robotics with the Boe-Bot.
  • EzsynnEzsynn Posts: 119
    edited 2009-02-01 08:49
    Hey It works.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    BWIN ON DA POWAH WIFIN U!!!